With so many options available from Brodit it can sometimes be a bit confusing which product to choose. We hope the following will help explain.
Brodit Proclip Holders - Step 1
A holder will securely hold your mobile phone, Sat Nav or other gadget.
You need to find the right holder for your gadget - use our Brodit Wizard to start.
Active or Passive Holder?
- Passive holder
- Will hold your handset securely but won't charge it. You can attach your own charging cable if one came with your gadget.
- Active holder
- Will hold your handset securely and will also charge it via a cigarette plug or permanent connection.
- Tilt Swivel
- This allows the holder to be adjusted and pointed towards the driver for ease of use and also eliminate glare.
- Pass-Through Connector
- The holder has a plug for your device's cable. This means that you don't have to unplug your cable every time you take your gadget, like you do with a basic passive holder.
- Holder f. Cable Attachment
- The holder allows access to an additional socket on the device such as the headphone socket for a third party device. This means that you don't have to unplug your cable every time you take your gadget, like you do with a basic passive holder. Because you plug your cable into the holder you need to pick one with the right fitting.
- Cig Plug
- A lead attached to the active holder plugs into the cigarette lighter socket in your vehicle to charge your handset.
- For fixed Installation 2A
- Designed for a professional and neat installation into the vehicle with no wires showing. You may need an installer to help you with this, or choose an active holder with a cig plug connection.
- Fits Devices with Skins
- These holders have a slight adjustment on them to allow a device with a skin or a protective case to be inserted.
Brodit Proclip Mounts - Step 2
A mount attaches to your holder (step 1) to your vehicle. You must have the right mount for your vehicle because Brodit have designed each mount to fit securely into the trim, without leaving any damage. Any holder will attach to any mount.
Use our Brodit Wizard to find the right ProClip mount for your vehicle.
Where to put your mount?
Because mounts are designed for each vehicle you may be given a choice about where you want to put your device. Some vehicles only have once choice but some have more, pick one to suit your driving style.
Our web site shows a diagram for each mount so you can see where it will sit in your vehicle.
- Right mount
- Usually to the right of your steering wheel (for right hand drive cars).
- Left mount
- Usually to the left of your steering wheel (for left hand drive cars).
- Center mount
- Usually on the center console, near the top.
- Angled mount
- Usually near the passenger side of the center console but the mount is angled and therefore facing you.